16 September 2014

Recruits for the war in Ukraine are allegedly promised 1.500 euro per kill

Baltic News Network (BNN): 16. September 2014


Armed pro-Russian militants sit atop of their APC during a parade to mark the day of the city in the eastern Ukrainian city of Lugansk on September 14, 2014.

Latvian residents who want to travel to Ukraine to fight on the side of Ukrainian separatists can allegedly apply through Russian embassy in Latvia, as claimed by several people who plan to become Russian mercenaries in Ukraine.

Even though none of the radical political groups in Latvia admit they would directly recruit soldiers, this practice is supported by Vladimir Linderman’s national Bolsheviks. Tatyana Zhdanok’s political group says – they understand Latvian residents who want to go to war in Eastern Ukraine to defend Russians there. Activists of Harmony Centre are also found among interested parties.

According to what anonymous persons have told LTV, the Russian embassy in Latvia is prepared to sort out all paperwork and pay well.

Sergei, who wants to fight on the side of separatists, has submitted his documents. He can travel to Ukraine even now. The promised pay for every kill is said to be EUR 1,500.

Separatists celebration in Luhansk. (Sept. 14 2014).

Dmitry, who also wants to fight on the side of Ukrainian separatists, says: «You just need to refuse citizenship, and the embassy will provide you with tickets. Then you go to Russia. They said they will wait for me to return. My belief is that I do not care where I have to fight and how long I have to spend there. But at least I know I will defend my identity as Russian and that I have my rights to be Russian.»
The only obstacle that prevents him from leaving is that his criminal record has not yet been erased after leaving prison. Therefore, he cannot leave Latvia.

«I just know – if I really want, I will leave regardless. I live close to the border, and I have no problem with just taking a boat and leaving for Russia. If Harmony Centre and other Russian parties end up outside again, I will have nothing keeping me in this country. Nothing is keeping me here,» – says Dmitry.

Security Police representatives have said in an interview to LTV that sources regularly report information regarding potential decisions of Latvian residents to go to war in Ukraine.

SP reports: 
«Based on analysis of acquired information, authorities are engaged in counter-intelligence and operative activities in order to prevent potential risks that may arise as a result of Latvian residents joining illegal armed militants in foreign countries. At the same time, SP has launched criminal processes against three Latvian residents, who had published video materials on the internet, encouraging others to go to Ukraine and take part in illegal activities.»

No comments:

Post a Comment